We had our first General Meeting on Thursday, Sept 20th from 6:30 to 8:00 pm and we had a good number of attendees (including a handful of well-behaved children – kudos to them for lasting through it!). There will be two more General Meetings this year; we will post them as soon as we have them set.
Here are a few key points we wanted to convey after the meeting:
“Free Money” for the PTSA
There are a number of programs that give our PTSA money if you use them, including the King Soopers reloadable gift cards (we will have them at the Family Academy next week – and any PTSA-supported event, too, if you plan to be at them. Or you can email email@example.com to get yours!!). In addition to receiving 5% cash back on purchases made from the King Soopers reloadable gift cards, we also can make some money from:
- Box Tops or
- Longmont Dairy milk caps or
- if you are buying furniture from American Furniture Warehouse or
- if you shop at Grandrabbits (I personally go there for ALL kids’ birthday gifts because they do free gift wrapping and it’s beautiful!) or
- if you are looking for a new bank or a home loan or a refinance or
- if you are into recycling or
- if your company matches donations through Benevity…..
please check out all the ways you could help earn money for the school without spending any money above what you already are for day-to-day life.
Parents, Grandparents, Teachers, and Students (YES! Students!!) please become members of the Meadowlark PTSA!!
Our PTSA is for EVERYONE and we want YOU! Please join us in supporting Meadowlark by becoming a PTSA member. The process is simple. Fill out a form and pay your dues. We are excited to grow our numbers and increase involvement!! We are excited to support the school and the students in making Meadowlark an AWESOME place to go to school!!!
Want to Volunteer? Use Help at School!
There are many volunteer opportunities available – from classroom help to Curiosity Center help to Family Academies….the list goes on and on! Please register in Help at School and either opt in or not to the Directory (which can be helpful – if you opt in – if you’re trying to communicate with other families in your Learning Community) and view all the fun volunteer opportunities that are out there! Help at School is your one-stop-shop for all things volunteer!
General Meeting recap
Here is the Meadowlark General Meeting #1. Minutes will be posted once approved. Highlight: We have an approved budget and we presented a $20K check to the school!!! Great work last year, everyone!!!
Dine Out fundraising events:
- Miner’s Tavern – 9/25/18 – 1/3 of ALL Sales from 11:00 am – 9:00 pm
- Mod Pizza – 11/6/18 – 20% of sales that mention MEADOWLARK at checkout from 4:00-8:00 pm
- Chipotle – 1/15/19 – 33% of sales that show flyer (paper or digital) at checkout from 5:00-9:00 pm
School Events (Volunteers needed – use Help at School!!)
- Family Academy – Student-Led Learning – Sept 27 5:30 to 7:30 pm. Sign up here to attend; go to Help at School if you can volunteer (you can volunteer AND still attend).
- Walk/Roll to School – October 11 8:10 to 8:40 am – Students are encouraged to ride their bikes and walk to school on Thursday, October 11th. There will be light refreshments, stickers, and a banner to sign.All activities will take place at the front East entrance of the school. We will also be collecting shoes that whole week in partnership with Ecocycle, so if you have any shoes you’re looking to get rid of, send them in with your student that week!
In addition, we are also looking for a few volunteers to help out with the Walk and Roll to school event. Please contact Shannon Kaple if you are interested in helping! ShannonaKaple@gmail.com
Have a great week, Mavs!