From the Family Welcome Letter sent out by Denise on Friday:
For families brand new to Meadowlark School, we are offering a special orientation that will help you understand our innovative instructional program.
This orientation will cover the basics of Project-Based Learning (PBL), learning communities (LC), personalized student-led learning, and other unique aspects of Meadowlark.
We hope all new families will join us on Tuesday, August 7 from 4:00-6:00 pm.
Invitations will be sent to new families the week of July 30th.
The Impact on Education Foundation is holding its annual Crayons to Calculators school supplies and backpack drives. If you would like to donate school supplies and backpacks, you can drop them off directly at the collection sites listed on the linked site below before July 27th. Requested donation lists can also be found at that link.
Note: They also accept donations year-round for Crayons to Calculators at Impact on Education: 721 Front Street, Suite A, Louisville, CO 80027. Call ahead to schedule a time to drop off supplies: 303-524-3865
You can also make a monetary donation here.
If you don’t want to drop off at a drop off location, you can drop off at these PTSA members’ homes:
Jessica Mackaro: 191 Westwood Way in Erie Commons North
Jessica Diamond: 1700 Woodward St. in Erie
Heather Lofquist: 795 Dakota Lane in Erie
Already know you want to become a member, just need to sign up and pay your dues? Click here!
Want to learn more about PTSAs in general and the purpose and values of Meadowlark’s PTSA? Click here.
Why become a PTSA member?
As a PTSA member at Meadowlark School, you can:
- Develop relationships and explore volunteer opportunities while advocating for all of our kids.
- Get to know Meadowlark School and see how Meadowlark students spend their day. It’s a great way to show your student(s) your engagement in their school and community and your investment in their education.
- Build relationships with staff, parents, and students through collaboration. Having an active PTSA helps make our students, Meadowlark School, and our community stronger.
- Gain access to Local, State, and National PTA resources, training materials and webinars, relevant educational legislative information, and exclusive member benefits.
Don’t have any time to commit to PTSA activities?
That’s OK!!! There is no obligation to attend meetings or volunteer as a PTSA member. We want you involved as much or as little as your schedule allows!
Simply becoming a PTSA member is the biggest way you can help at Meadowlark. Your membership dues will support the state and national PTSA address legislative issues in Colorado and across the nation.
Our PTSA does have an active fundraising program, as well. There are many ways you can support Meadowlark in your day-to-day activities (like grocery shopping at King Soopers or shopping via Amazon Smile and linking your Smile account to Meadowlark…for more information, see our Fundrasing page). Our fundraisers help fund after school programs, teacher grants for classroom enrichment, technology & creative arts supplies, classroom materials, hospitality, parent communication, PTSA administrative costs, and so much more!
Dues are as follows:
- $10 for one adult membership
- $18 for two adult memberships
- $8 for teacher membership
- $7 for student membership
Dues include membership in the National Parent Teacher Association (PTA) and the Colorado PTA.
Dues are tax-deductible.
Paid members have voting rights. This means they can vote on the annual budget, by-laws, and elections.
There are three general PTSA meetings per school year.
Become a member
Ready to become a member now? Click here.